James Sanders is the founder of Breakout EDU and the Chief Innovation Officer for EdTechTeam. Previously, James served as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at the White House where he founded the White House Film Festival (showcasing technology in education) and helped lead the Future Ready Schools movement.
Before the White House, James oversaw innovation for KIPP Schools in the San Francisco Bay Area where he managed the region’s blended learning and technology integration initiatives. In addition to his work at KIPP and the White House, James served as a project manager for YouTube EDU (Google). At Google he created YouTube Teachers and managed the K-12 video content curation project. James is also the co-founder of ClassBadges, a website that allows teachers to award digital badges to students. ClassBadges was acquired by EdStart in April of 2014. His career in education began teaching history in both South Los Angeles and San Francisco during which he pioneered a paperless, fully-blended, classroom model.
- Founder of Breakout EDU
- Co-Founder of the Future Ready Schools initiative
- Founder of the White House Student Film Festival
- Co-Founder of ClassBadges (acquired in April 2014)
- Created a fully integrated blended learning classroom
- Creator of YouTube for Teachers
- First teacher to teach 1:1 with Google Chromebooks
You can book James to keynote through EdTechTeam