Last night I had the pleasure of partnering with Betsy Corcoran and EdSurge and host a special San Francisco screening of the White House Film Festival at the GitHub HQ. The turnout for the event was awesome, the BBQ was delicious, and the drinks were out of this world!
The event was complete with special White House Film Festival video messages from the President, First Lady, and Conan O'Brien!
Most importantly, we were able to showcase some amazing student work (see some of my favorite films highlighted below).
I wanted to give a special thanks to the following people:
- Joe Polastre for deciding that we should do a SF screening of the event and getting an amazing host in GitHub and bringing some amazing people together.
- Chelsea Miller for handling all the logistics, setting up the event, getting the website up, working with our online partner, and take care of all registration.
- GitHub for going above and beyond in providing the space, the food, and the amazing cocktails. Having an Oval Office gave it the perfect White House feel.
- EdSurge for allowing this to be your August MeetUp, getting the word out and coming representing strong at the event.
- Betsy Cochran! If it wasn't for you, the White House Film Festival would not have been possible. You're amazing and I'm so grateful for begin able to work with you on some awesome projects like this.
- Kara, Ryan, and Ricardo for proving fantastic introduction to the films. Your stories were inspiring and it was a great addition to the event.
- The White House Digital Strategy office, 18F and the Presidential Innovation Fellows program. Getting to work for and with you has been one of the biggest pleasures of my professional life.